CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Projects!

I love love love Summer time!  Aside from banishing my seasonal-lack-of-sun blues, summer makes me giddy with all of its possibilities.  Granted, I'm a stay at home Mom, so technically I could do whatever, whenever, but something about summer motivates me!  Combine that with a sale on Butterick patterns at Jo-Ann, and here's what I came away with today:
I have to admit I'm a little excited about trying my hand at millinery and creating a hat or two!  The fabric in the background will be used to make the dress with sleeves on pattern B5209 (lower left side).  Here's a close-up of that:

It's charmeuse.  I just like the way that sounds when you say it.  Try it!  I'm currently working on another retro Butterick pattern:

Cute, huh?  It's taken quite a lot of time.  Not because of difficulty, but because of A's first dance recital!  I sewed bits and bobs for a few classes, and designed and sewed A's Strawberry Shortcake costume.


I added silvers stars to her cowboy costume (as well as those of her classmates) and designed and constructed their tap shoe spats:

I ended up making satin flapper spats for another tap number, and frilly ruffs for a "Phantom of the Opera"-esque ballet costume.  Fun fun fun!  All of the kids had a blast and felt beautiful and talented, that's what's important!
Now to get sewing!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Ok I'm feeling inspired now! I haven't sewn in a while. My poor sewing machine...all alone on the closet shelf.

Post a Comment